Adapt Recipes: Sake Marinated Steak
As a native Texan, there is probably nothing I enjoy more than a thick, well-seasoned steak with the perfect balance of protein and fat cooked to perfection. And while there is nothing wrong with the classics, a little salt n’ pepper, some garlic, maybe some sprigs of rosemary or thyme... You must try this Sake Marinated Grilled Steak! The complex flavors contributed by this Sake Marinade combine to create a steak experience that you’ll want to add to your culinary repertoire.
Sake flavored marinades often go hand-in-hand with not so healthy add-ins like soy and sugar, so with the help of RealHealthyRecipes.com, we have come across a lightened up version that helps boost the natural flavors of the steak without adding unnecessary calories to help keep you on track with your goals.
In place of the soy sauce we are using coconut aminos, and in place of the sugar, we are using a touch of liquid stevia. While these might sound like trivial ingredients, removing simple sugar from things like marinades and dressings makes it easier to stay lean, energetic and healthy for the long haul.
Here’s what you need
- ½ cup sake
- 6 tablespoons coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon Liquid Stevia
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 (6 oz.) boneless rib eye steak (or similar cut)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Bring the steaks to room temperature. Grill for about 6 minutes per side. Remove from heat and tent with foil for 5 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
451 calories, 13g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 186mg sodium, 0g fiber, and 61g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week and follow our blog as we will be launching new recipes more frequently to assist your nutritional needs.
If you have any questions about this recipe, anything fitness related AND if you are not yet one of our prized clients give me a call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve optimal performance and health at Adapt!